This project is called ‘Seeds of Recovery’, developed by loop.pH working with the hospitals Elixir Arts Programme over a nine month period. Loop.pH developed design solutions to improve the hospital environment that also assists in regulating the heat and light levels of the space.
Most hospitals now recognise the importance of the arts as integral part of healthcare, providing a positive and uplifting environment for patients, visitors and staff. Wlixir Arts Foundation encourage improving the hospital environments by especially commissioning works of art, performance or activities that can help people in a number of ways including:
- lowering levels of anxiety, stress and depression for patients and their families
- making surroundings more pleasant, relaxing and less institutional
- involving the community in their hospital to encourage ownership
- raising the spirits – stimulating and inspiring design can brighten up dull, lifeless spaces
- providing a focus for reflection at difficult times and times of change
- alleviate boredom and be a distraction
- being fun and making people laugh!